Thursday, May 19, 2011



Well, I tried to upload one of Mikaela's songs on here from her violin recital last weekend but it was a no go. Unfortunately! She did a great job and she looked beautiful with her new haircut wearing the dress Grandma made for her. She made one mistake but was able to keep going and continue to play the rest of her songs. She observed that "People still gave me compliments even though I made a mistake!" A very good observation and a valuable learning experience!

We finished planting our garden tonight! Peas and carrots, beets and leafy greens, potatoes, onions, squash, zucchini, and pumpkins. With a few raspberries, saskatoons, rhubarb and apples sprinkled in here and there, there should be a bountiful harvest. There was a certainly a bountiful harvest for the mosquitoes as we planted! Today I was parent helper in Mikaela's class and they were making information booklets about different bugs. The one boy who always dawdles and needs all kinds of help was studying mosquitoes so I got a great chance to learn all about them. Thrilling times! All would be well for the human race if we could just get rid of those pesky female mosquitoes. The males are just harmless vegetarians!

And speaking of vegetarians, Eli ate meat this first time this week without spitting it out! He ate some chicken with a relish that I haven't seen for two months since he got the flu. I've been feeding him an egg yolk every morning and lots of avocado, broccoli, and asparagus to bolster his iron and thankfully he loves those veggies. He also loves mango I found out this week. He looks so cute with food all over his face and in his hair :)



This weekend has some exciting possibilities and the weekend following has even more! I am hoping to finish planting my flowerbed and baskets, start on the goat/chicken barn, help in the kitchen at camp Nakamun for the Native Youth conference, have friends out for supper and take care of a friends two little boys. And the weekend after???? Jasper with John for a night! Good times. As I dwell on the beautiful life I have with spring finally here, my thoughts are also with those in Slave Lake who have lost everything to fire, friends of ours whose baby is fighting leukemia and had to be resuscitated a few nights ago, and many other friends dealing with a host of dark and hopeless things. Psalm 34:18 says,"The Lord is close to the broken hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." He weeps with those who weep, as do I.....

1 comment:

  1. Maybe I am just a good ole southern Texas woman, but what is a saskatoon? :-)

    ReplyDelete