Thursday, May 5, 2011

Well, we did tear ourselves away from Jacob's all important first soccer game of the season to vote and I have to say that I am quite sucked into what is going on Canadian politics right now. And consequently spending some time pondering the inevitable phenomenon of change. There are some big changes going on in our school right now as well that is sparking these thoughts. It is interesting to me that so many people view change as automatically bad. Sometimes I tend to be one of those people....due to pessimistic tendencies I picked up early in life. But really, I have to say that in the last 10 or so years, I've learned a bit about letting the jury have a say in whether change is necessarily a bad thing. I could go on and on about the changes we've experienced in our own personal lives, everything from moves to different communities, different jobs, CHILDREN (major changes are in italics), 3 CHILDREN, losing teeth and hair, and sometimes friends and family. Many of them I thought they were scary changes, changes that could strip us of our identity, or our sanity :) But really, most of them surprised me. So, I am hoping that we can view these changes with cautious optimism. I mean, we don't really KNOW that they will be bad. So why not let the future decide? And get a little bit excited about the good things change could bring our way....It is possible! And here is a video to encourage opitimism. A babies giggle is so inherently optimistic

1 comment:

  1. I'm not a good person for change either. Sometimes we just have to let it happen and not worry about it!

    ReplyDelete