Monday, March 8, 2010

Beginning again.....

I am going to begin this most important blog post with....laundry! Everyone's favorite subject of course :) About 7 days allows a lot of laundry to accumulate and I am so happy to be able to make a dent in it. We are desperately trying to finish the basement before the baby comes because we know from experience how fun it is trying to do inside renovations with the dust and noise that comes with them with a baby in the house. So John and two friends of his were tiling the laundry/cat/furnace room floor and thus the machines were removed! But I am willing to sacrifice anything......even doing laundry....to get this finished.
I tend to think only about what we still have to accomplish but when I think about what we have accomplished in the last ten years....I understand why we feel like we are working all the time. So many moves, renovations, projects, busy busy times, building a house on our own, a fort for the kids, a driveway, a garden, homeschooling....and this list goes on. Sometimes it is very beneficial to look back at what has been accomplished in order to appreciate your own blood sweat and tears. The ultimate success of this venture is still unknown, but we've worked so hard! I think we all tend to forget this. It is easier to look at how far we have to go, than to appreciate how far we have come. Here's to more time spent celebrating past accomplishments rather than dreading future ones!
We'll have to see how often I post, but I have to say that I find this format much more fulfilling than facebook. With a verbose nature like mine, "facebook statuses" just don't cut it!

No comments:

Post a Comment