Sunday, March 21, 2010

You would think that going to Red Deer A.B. wouldn't be too exciting. BUT...with the right people and a pedicure and massage, it can be a sort of paradise! Well, that may be a stretch, but it was a fun weekend with Mir and Melissa celebrating, ruminating, and recalibrating (fun words). I had a wonderful time listening to CBC, "Quirks and Quarks" and another show which I don't remember the name of uninterrupted on the drive and met some interesting people at the Bed and Breakfast we stayed at and the spa we went to. It turns out that the woman who gave us our massages grew up on the Hoebbema reserve and it was very interesting talking with her about her experience growing up there and our experience being at Pine Ridge. I would like to see her again.....and not just to get another massage! Though I was pretty sore afterwards....I came home to a very sick boy and an extremely excited girl telling me all about how they got to watch the first star wars movie with dad and how GREAT it was! They also had some surprises for me which included some very hand made "foot rests" and "elbow rests", and "chin rests" made with a conglomeration of tape,fabric, felt, glue, and buttons! Lovely! Oh, and some flowers that were chosen by Mikaela (though Jacob thought of the idea) and some tums all wrapped up in the flower paper and a vase and a box of books that John found at the dump! I am spoiled rotten! I came home with a dress and pair of jeans and some Bernstain Bear books for Mikeala, and some hot wheel cars and books for Jacob from Value Village. All in all, everyone was quite delighted with their gifts :) Oh, and not to leave John out, I won a coffee for him at Tim Hortons, good wife that I am. And now we begin another week....This week I want to do some more research on how to grow vegetables and fruit with a higher nutritional content, try to find a new doctor in St. Albert that will not be so pushy about C-sections (long story), and of course do school, violin, dance, plug away on the basement, and turn 30!

No comments:

Post a Comment